My Salvation with God – By Jodi
- Are you afraid for your life?
- Are you afraid you will go to hell?
- Have you gotten involved in the occult?
- Have you met Satan? If he asks you to worship him, say “NO!!”
- If you answered yes to any or all of these questions…you have hope in Jesus!
- Do you believe in soulmates or twin flames?
- Do you believe in the law of attraction?
- Are you into the “new age” movement?
- Do you follow “A Course in Miracles?”
- Are you focused on obtaining fame and fortune in this life?
- Do you believe that there are plenty of ways to get into heaven?
- Do you believe in past lives?
- Do you believe in mediums, channelers and psychics?
- Do you think that rocks and crystals can protect you from evil spirits?
- Do you feel like other people are holding you back from living your dream life?
- Do you think that everyone else is wrong and you are right?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you hate it when others give you advice?
- Do you think that it is possible to be deliriously happy all the time?
- Do you have tremendous highs and then devastating lows?
- Have you been diagnosed with bipolar disorder?
- Are you seeking enlightenment?
- Have you ever thought that you were Jesus?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions…please read on….
Here are dangerous books and ideas:
- The Satanic Bible
- Any book that claims you can achieve your dream life through positive visualization
- Any book that claims there are past lives
- A Course In Miracles
- Any book that claims that there is no sin, only misunderstanding
- Any “New Age” book
- Self-help books
- Tarot cards
- Ouija boards
If you have read any of the above types books, used a pendulum or Ouija board, believe in Psychics or answered yes to the questions above, please read on…
I was a prisoner for such a long time, not realizing what that truly meant until one horrible day a few years ago…
There are many dangerous books and ideas out in the world that would lead you to believe that you are on a good path, a path that will lead to a happy ending, but in reality all lead you to an eternity in hell. Take heed, pay attention to this message so that you may be saved from certain death.
I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder in 2005 and was hospitalized for trying to take my own life. I had become obsessed with Buddhism, books that taught how to achieve your greatest dreams through positive visualization, and “New Age” or “metaphysical” spirituality. People tried to warn me that I was on the wrong path, but I felt everyone was wrong and I was right.
Prior to my hospitalization, I believed that the changes that were taking place in my life were the best thing that had ever happened to me. I had plenty of energy, I was healthier than I had ever been and I felt GREAT! I was finally achieving success in my life and had adopted seemingly healthy ways of living. As I followed a suggestion to keep a journal of all of the “signs” that would tell me how I was getting closer to the fulfillment of my desires, I started seeing positive signs all around me. Specifically, I noticed a repeating sign of the number 11… seeing 11:11 on the clock, 11 people in a group, twins…and then as I focused on the object of my desire, the man who I thought was my soulmate, I would find myself running into him like clockwork…all signs that I was on the right path.
Little did I realize that I was actually on a very destructive, dangerous path that would end me up in psychiatric hospitals time and again for years!
This is how it would go…as I saw the “evidence” that I was on the right path, I would feel exuberant, excited, elated, unstoppable…as a result, I easily lost weight and ate very little thinking that it was a miracle. I mean, who doesn’t want to lose weight easily and effortlessly? But I was also an emotional mess. I cried all the time. The problem was that I was losing touch with reality.
I was hospitalized because I was suffering from severe psychosis and thought that the world was against me. I lost touch with reality and believed that I was the cause of the world’s problems.
I would experience nightmares that felt like someone was pushing down on my body. I couldn’t move and I felt helpless. Early on in college someone gave me the Satanic bible to read. This is a horrible book and should never be read! Little did I know then that at some point in the future I would meet Satan! Before this happened, though, I began to feel spontaneous orgasms, thinking this was the most amazing thing. I thought it was another guy who I was “in love with” at another time in my life and that he was contacting me spiritually and letting me know that we were soulmates or “twin flames” (the highest soul mate relationship according to New Age philosophy). I began to contact him via email sending him love letters and songs. I thought it was very innocent and meant to be. What I didn’t realize was that it was the devil tempting me to sin.
At some point I came across a video about using pendulums to determine what my “soul guides” wanted to tell me. Let me tell you that this did not happen overnight…it was years in the making, every thing that I did was leading me down this very dangerous path. I believed in the New Age movement, self-help, soul guides, kundalini yoga, Buddhism, seeking enlightenment through meditation, the Law of Attraction, A Course in Miracles…anything that would catapult my life into a self-actualized victory…the thing is, I never was able to maintain any lasting success. I would get extremely excited and think that I could maintain a perpetual state of bliss…then I would end up in a psych ward for a couple of weeks at a time.
I kept repeating the same mistakes over and over and continued to believe that everyone else was wrong and I was right. I truly believed that there was nothing wrong, that people were trying to hold me back, that they didn’t understand what it meant to truly live. What I didn’t realize was that this was meant for my own safety. There were multiple times when I tried to “kill” myself by taking pills, thinking that I would never die but instead, be transferred into my “dream reality”.
Once I began feeling the spontaneous orgasms that I thought came from my “twin flame”, at some point I had the “inspiration” to use the pendulum and an alphabet wheel to “communicate” with him. I was at a point where I was willing to die for this man. I felt that if we died, we would wake up in our perfect little world together. What I learned was that it was not him, but someone else communicating with me. This didn’t stop me though, I just began to say that I was OK with it being someone else, even though I desired that this particular man was meant to be with me.
What I didn’t know was that the “person” I was speaking to via pendulum, was actually the devil himself! Before I learned this, part of me thought I was talking to God and that it was a good thing to be communicating in this way. But, it was becoming hard for me to be involved with this “person” and so at one point I decided to end things. I told who I thought was “GOD” that I had to stop and then using the pendulum he said that the object of my desire wouldn’t understand. When I said, who am I talking to, the pendulum spelled the name Satan! I immediately felt a horrible surge of energy in my body like static electricity. I was scared to death and I feared that I had sold my soul to the devil.
I was afraid and thought there was no hope for me. Even when I decided that I wanted to be a Christian, I didn’t think that God would accept me. The night that I decided to become a Christian, I sent an email to my Aunt, a long time Christian who has prayed for me througout the years, she called me immediately and rejoiced in my descision. But I had many mountains to climb and I didn’t understand about spiritual warfare that happens when you become a Christian. But let me tell you, God let me know that I was saved. God is Love and God Forgives!
Here is how I know that I am saved….
Even though I took many wrong turns, God had been guiding me to Himself patiently. I recall reading other people’s testimonies about becoming Christians throughout the years after my first hospitalizations. My first (and current) job after my encounter with Satan was a blessing from God because many of the people who work there are Christians. Before I decided to become a Christian, a lady from the church I went to as a child returned to me my Picture Bible that I had left behind so many years ago. I had been praying to God for his forgiveness and began looking for a Bible study. In a web search I found the website of my current church and found a discipleship class that I wanted to take part in. There are no mistakes! God guided me to this church. They accepted me as a disciple and I began one on one mentoring with the lady who is now one of my dearest sisters in Christ. I began getting up early in the morning to read Bible devotionals and write down scripture and prayers in journals. I began memorizing scripture and listened to only Christian music. I then began volunteering my time in the homeless ministry of my church. I began tithing money to my church and became a sponsor for two children from Africa.
I started out with not much faith, but a desire to worship Jesus and become a Christian. But I didn’t understand much about spiritual warfare. When you become a Christian, the spiritual enemies of God, Satan and his fallen angels, will work overtime to get you to doubt your faith and to abandon God. I had read a devotional about fearing the Lord, at that moment, I thought I wasn’t saved because I didn’t think I feared the Lord.
If Satan asks you to worship him, say “NO!!” That’s what I did and am I ever thankful!
But even when I thought that I lost my salvation and I gave up and stopped going to my discipleship meetings, God let me know that He was not done with me. One day, while at work, I received a voicemail message that was an invitation to invite Jesus into my life as my personal Savior. Later, when I was at home eating pizza and feeling depressed, a voice in my head told me to read my Bible. I didn’t feel like it but decided that I would just read for a short while then I would eat again. Miraculously, after I began reading my Bible, I received a phone call from my Aunt (the one who had been praying for me all of my life). She told me that the Holy Spirit had laid me upon her heart until she felt guided to call me. I was dumbfounded! She told me that we are to live by what is true, not by our emotions. I was basing my salvation upon my feelings, not God’s Truth. But blessedly, God was telling me that all was not lost. I just needed to keep going, keep knocking, keep praying, keep worshiping Jesus! I learned later that my discipleship mentor had been praying daily for someone to come to my aid.
Matthew 7:7-8 (NLT) 7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
James 5:19-20 (NKJV) Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.
God has been so good and merciful to me! I am no longer the slave to my sinful nature that I was before I asked Jesus into my life. I find joy and contentment in my life, I don’t make a lot of money but I am fine with that. I work for the Lord and know that He is my Savior! I have no desire to be with someone other than my husband. I love to give to others and love talking about Jesus and His unconditional Love. I am healed from bipolar disorder. (If you are suffering from mental illness of any kind, do not stop taking your medication without your doctor’s supervision.) I have been off my anti-depressant for several months now. And through my doctor’s supervision, am getting off of the medication that was used to stabilize my moods. I have not had any mood swings since coming off the medications. This is truly the miracle because before I became a Christian I would end up in the hospital every year due to losing my mind and experiencing unnatural highs and debilitating lows. I had to be on medication to prevent relapsing.
If you are reading this and are in a similar situation, know that there is hope for you! All is not lost!
John 14:6 (NLT) Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me.
Romans 10:13 (NKJV) For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
I am telling you this so that you can know that there is hope for you. Jesus is that hope (The ONLY Hope) and He can save you from Satan and hell!
If you are worried that it is too late for you, know that it is not! If you are ready to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and have your life transformed, follow the instructions below and know in your heart that you are forgiven all sins….past, present and future.
- Confess you are a sinner…
- Know that Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected for the complete forgiveness of your sins…
- Ask for Jesus to forgive your sins…
- Ask Jesus to come into your life and be your Savior!
You can say this prayer…
Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and have been following a very dangerous path. Please forgive me for all of my sins. I ask that You come into my life and be my Savior. Thank You for Your sacrifice on the cross for the complete forgiveness of all of my sins…past, present and future. I wish to follow You all the days of my life and do Your will. In Your Precious name I pray, Amen!
Once you humbly and prayerfully accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you are no longer condemned! God can be trusted because He is completely trustworthy, He is my Creator!
What to do after you accept Jesus into your life:
- Know that it is important to find a good church that teaches God’s Word – The Bible – which is TRUTH. If a church does not teach strictly from the Bible, find another church. This is VERY important!! There are so many “False” religions out there that preach false Biblical ideas. These religions are dangerous because they deny God’s Word. The Bible clearly says that we are to stay away from those who claim to be prophets of God but make up their own rules about what it means to be a Christian. Search for a Church that teaches the Holy Bible!
- Get Baptized as Jesus commanded.
- Spend time with Jesus every day. Get up early and read online devotionals and Bible Scripture. ( Our Daily Bread, or The Upper Room,) Get a good Bible and read it every day. I began with the New Living Translation Study Bible, but I now prefer the New King James Version.
- Pray. Pray. Pray! Talk to God all the time! Know that God is Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent…He is everywhere and knows everything and is in Control of all!
- Count your blessings! Know that every day is a gift from God! This is important! God is in control! The fact that you are reading this is no accident! God is directing you to Him!
- Keep a journal of God’s Scripture and your prayers. This is important because you can ask God to give you comfort and wisdom when you need it. God will direct you to scripture He would like you to know. He will speak to you this way through the Holy Spirit.
- Do Not Trust Your Feelings. There will be times when you do not feel like working, praying, doing the right thing, getting up early to spend time with Jesus. Pray for God to strengthen and encourage you to follow through. Jesus is your LIFELINE and must be your Cornerstone. The devil will try to get you to be lazy in your spiritual life. Resist the devil at all costs!
- Know that even though you are now a NEW CREATION in Jesus, that does not erase the consequences of your sin. This is a blessing because it will keep you Faithful to God! If God erased all of the consequences of our sins, we might decide that we do not need Him after all.
- It takes time to believe that you are completely forgiven. God will direct you in all ways to know that He is COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY! But it can be scary at times when you wonder “Where is God?,” “Why is this happening now (sickness, loss of job, accidents)?”, “ I thought I was saved.” God does not promise a problem free life, in fact He says that in this life you will encounter trials and tribulations. People and Satan and his demons, will persecute you for your new found faith in Jesus. But God promises, and He can be trusted, that He will never leave you nor forsake you! (Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:5)
- Memorize Scripture for the Holy Spirit to remind you when you need it most.
- Know that when you become a born again Christian, God gives you the PERMANENT indwelling HOLY SPIRIT! This is your guarantee that you are eternally saved! God’s gift is IRREVOCABLE (Romans 11:29)…He will not take it away from you!
- Do your best to follow all the commands of God. Do not take for granted your new found freedom in Christ. Do not use it to do as you please, for we are to grow in obedience to God, not to rebel and live in our own selfish pursuits. Pray fervently that God direct you in all ways. Seek to do His will, to love and serve Him with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. And to love others as yourself (Matthew 22:37-39).
- NEVER GIVE UP! God Loves you and wants you to perservere!
Romans 11:29 (NLT) For God’s gifts and His call can never be withdrawn.
Scripture to encourage…..
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NLT) 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work.
Romans 8:15 (NLT) So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call Him, “Abba, Father.”
James 1:25 (NLT) But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
Numbers 23:19 (NLT) God is not a man, so He does not lie. He is not human, so He does not change his mind. Has He ever spoken and failed to act? Has He ever promised and not carried it through?
Lamentations 3:22-23 (NLT) 22 The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. 23 Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.
2 Timothy 2:13 New King James Version (NKJV) If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
Isaiah 35:4 NKJV Say to those who are fearful-hearted, ‘Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you.”
2 Chronicles 5:13-14 (NLT) The trumpeters and singers performed together in unison to praise and give thanks to the LORD. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals, and other instruments, they raised their voices and praised the LORD with these words: “He is good! His faithful love endures forever!” At that moment a thick cloud filled the Temple of the LORD. The priests could not continue their service because of the cloud, for the glorious presence of the LORD filled the Temple of God.
2 Corinthians 1:4 (NLT) He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT) 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT) For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Galatians 6:9 (NKJV) And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.